Sunday 29 January 2012

My Blog Personality: Fa-Blog-ulous


My fun & colourful closet ...a reflection of my blog personalty


After taking a much needed brain break from my studies and  procuring design inspiration for my freshly-painted and newly carpeted townhome on Pinterest, I dedicated some time to source a description that would best describe my social media personality. In effort to keep the content of this blog genuine, I will not try to create a trend-setting blog personality. As a self-described “style interpreter”, content and information shared in this blog will be presented in an interesting and appealing fashion in effort to reach the 18-45 year old Fraser Valley fashion, beauty, home decor and lifestyle enthusiast. For the sake of this BCIT Social Media Marketing project, my blog personality will unfold and reveal itself much like the contents of my suitcase on my annual Vegas vacay – a bold, colourful, sparkling mix short on comfort and long on style.

After checking out some lovingly re-purposed wood furniture one of my favorite local bloggers at 4 the Love of WOOD  http://4theloveofwood.blogspot.com/, I came across an interesting article entitled "The Seven Personality Types on Social Media" posted on Social Media Today’s website and have come to the conclusion my social media personality would best be described as:
The All-Rounder
These are one of my favorite social media personalities to be around. Smart, sharp, intuitive, sassy and direct. They observe, add value, and are nice people all-round. They give, share, contribute, and clearly love to be in the middle of the positive social conversations. These types are also excellent networkers offline, too, so find them, nurture them and stick with the winners.

I would also agree that the author and creator of 4 the love of WOOD represents many traits of The All-Rounder social media personality.  Passionate about her love for antique, vintage and re-purposed furniture, Kristy shares her thoughts on her latest designs and provides colorful, informative and insightful commentary throughout her posts. Readers are engaged through her enthusiasm for her projects and willingness to shares “how-to” tips and tutorials illustrating her efforts to create her gorgeous re-purposed furniture.


The Sponge, The Drain, The Guru, The All-Rounder, The Chameleon, The Observer,The Maverick - find out more about  your social media super-hero personality here http://socialmediatoday.com/chrisstreet/381801/seven-personality-types-social-media


xo
Melissa


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for recommending the wall shoe rack (as shown in post). It is one of the best purchases I made - it displays my shoes well and provides me the benefit of extra closet space. :)

    The 36 Pair Over-the-Door Shoe Rack can be purchased at Bed Bath & Beyond. For fellow blog followers, here is the link: http://www.bedbathandbeyond.ca/product.asp?SKU=14093249&RN=4302&

    ReplyDelete